Mysore Kirloskar Education Trust (MKET) was established in 1958 to provide quality education to children at Harihar and the rural areas surrounding it. It was established in memory of the late Yantrayogi Sri.LakshmanraoKirloskar by his son late Sri. RajaramKirloskar. Today, the schools run by MKET are considered as one of the highly reputed Educational Institutions in Davangere District.
MKET’s undertakings in education are aimed at the consolidation of tomorrow. Growing from strength to strength, its academic endeavors have pervaded academic initiative of every category and class. The entire gamut of teaching and learning from Nursery to Pre-University class has been successfully embraced. Attaining academic excellence enriched with cultural, sporting and spiritual evolution of students, mixing the essence of tradition and sophistication of modernization has progressed under the guidance of exceptionally committed teachers and facilitators. A total of 3200 students are pursuing their education under MKET supported by 115 staff.
The trust presently runs five schools and a PU college as below:
- MKET LK Kannada Medium Nursery School running LKG and UKG Classes.
- MKET LK Kannada Medium Higher Primary School has I to VII Standards. Aided by the Govt.of Karnataka.
- MKET LK High School covering VIII to X Standards. Aided by Govt.of Karnataka.
- MKET LK English Medium Nursery School.
- MKET LK English Medium School following CBSE curriculum affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education.
- Kirloskar Independent Pre-University (PU) College having I & II PU Classes.
The schools are housed in two separate campuses. The schools are equipped with library, laboratories, play ground and medicinal plants garden. The schools have acquired a very good name in and around Harihar on account of good academic record and high standard of teaching.